About Space & Place
Our vision is to create better spaces and places to connect more people, and more communities, together.
To do this we will support projects which:
- Create or increase access to new high quality local spaces with a range of activities for local community use.
- Reclaim and re-use derelict and neglected land to create more attractive and useable green spaces; engaging communities in innovative approaches in their use of, and in the long term care and maintenance of, these places.
- Promote an integrated approach to sustainable development through commitment to social, economic and environmental outcomes.
- Enable community involvement and skills development resulting in projects that are initiated, designed, managed, and run by the local community.
- Improve community cohesion and build new relationships within and between communities so that residents can appreciate, gain respect for and support the needs of others.
- Develop strategies and approaches to enable change for communities that will inform debate and influence policy and practice.
- Enable communities and individuals to develop healthier lifestyles by taking part in physical activities due to increased accessibility to affordable recreational spaces.